West Bradley Orchards is famous for its Pick Your Own weekends which occur during the month of September every year. These weekends give the general public the opportunity to visit a working apple farm for free, to pick and purchase their own apples straight from the tree ready for storage at home or immediate eating.
The Clifton-Brown family welcomes visitors every year and invites you to bring a picnic and spend the day at the farm; take a walk through the orchards, pick apples at your leisure and enjoy a family day out.
There is a fantastic selection of eating and cooking apples to choose from, with over 15 varieties, both traditional and new. West Bradley is also home to three delicious pear varieties.
A full list of the apple and pear varieties available can be found here.
how it works
- Entry to the farm is free
- All apples and pears are charged at £1.50 / kilo
- Cash and cards accepted
- Bags are provided but as West Bradley is an environmentally conscious farm people are encouraged to bring their own containers
- Free car parking is available
- Address and contact details can be found here
dates and times for 2016
- Friday 2nd, Saturday 3rd, Sunday 4th September – 10am to 5pm
- Friday 9th, Saturday 10th, Sunday 11th September – 10am to 5pm
- Friday 16th, Saturday 17th, Sunday 18th September – 10am to 5pm
- Friday 23rd, Saturday 24th, Sunday 25th September – 10am to 5pm
- This year’s Pick Your Own will be opened on Friday 2nd September by David Warburton MP, Member of Parliament for Somerton and Frome.
- Try your hand at our giant catapult and see how far you can fling a can of Orchard Pig’s finest cider. The furthest distance fired wins a prize each day!
- Take a tour of the orchards on our brand new tractor.
- A milling press will be available on site for those who wish to turn their apples into juice (bottles can be purchased on site).
- Our own Bee Keeper will be on hand to showcase a working hive – he has 9 hives at the farm!
- Orchard Pig Cider and Apple juice will also be available to purchase on site.